I Even Made a Mixed CD!
By Natalie Sylvie Plourde
Trying to make a summer playlist skimpier than my bikini was a challenge. This task required tact and precision. More importantly it needed a setting. So, while there are about 250 other songs I would classify as super-extra “summer tracks”, these 12 are particularly good for barbeques on the beach with friends (hence the title of the list).
For best results, please enjoy the list in the order it is written in. Particularly the last three songs, which sound best just as you’re finishing your hamburgers and the sun is beginning to set. Go ahead, have another beer.
Disclaimer: Some songs may be considered cliché additions, but to me there’s something near blasphemous about omitting Bob Marley from a summer list. Sometimes it is best to go with the obvious.
1) “Define A Transparent Dream” by The Olivia Tremor Control
2) “Lucky Charm” by Apples in Stereo
3) “Peace Frogs” by The Doors
4) “12:51″ by The Strokes
5) “Summertime” by Janis Joplin
6) “Wooden Ships” by Crosby Stills Nash and Young
7) “Sun is Shining”by Bob Marley
8 ) “Inaudible Melodies” by Jack Johnson
9) “Badfish” by Sublime
10) “Concrete Schoolyard” by Jurassic 5
11) “Pacific Theme” by Broken Social Scene
12) “The Orchids” by Califone